Monday, March 15, 2010

POLL results: "Needle and Haystack Life" is the winner!

For up to date (most of the time) news and original opinions before they hit the update, follow us on Twitter!

-----

We asked you what the next Switchfoot single should be, and you chose "Needle and Haystack Life."



^Not a bad choice, it seems that a majority of the people would prefer this over "The Sound," and even "Your Love Is a Song," which was the consensus choice just a couple months ago (I thought so too).

I do think "The Sound" would do decently on Modern Rock radio, but at this point, we'd want something that could appeal to the masses. "Needle" is our best chance at that, I believe. Anyways, I don't want to go too into detail with this discussion, since I've already said my piece on the original poll post, which you can check out here.

Discuss; are you happy with the choice? Would you support "Needle and Haystack Life" with reckless abandon? Or would you choose a different one? I'd love to know your thoughts... this poll turned out great. We'll definitely have more in the future.

4 comments:

Joe said...

I would support about any SF single with reckless abandon. But...."Needle" is special to me. I think it could coax a few more calls to radio stations out of me :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely want Needle. All of my friends who have never listened to Switchfoot or don't really like Switchfoot liked Needle. Job, do you have any idea on the timetable for the next single? Atlantic is definitely committed to putting out another single, right?

Job said...

@Joe, agreed. I would support this one more than another one, although anything they put out will have my support. :)

@anonymous, yeah, that's been the general consensus on my end too. A lot of my casual listener friends liked that one the best. As far as next single goes, your guess is as good as mine. We're going to try to talk to management or something soon, to get a timetable or something. we'll keep you posted!

Anonymous said...

Well, as I said before, Needle was my second favorite, and will have my full support. If it's what the guys decide on.

-Ender