Friday, May 1, 2009

Switchfoot is back in the studio...

...making last minute changes. Like we reported yesterday, Chad Butler was back with some extra drum inspiration, and it looks like they're re-tracking drums for a certain song.

Here's the twitter posts about it:


April 30, 2009


- We love making changes at the last possible moment. Is a song ever really finished? I think it's a living thing that just keeps changing.

- Found this on the floor as I was leaving the studio... Lyric fragment from a tune called yet. http://twitpic.com/4b4p1

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

May 1, 2009 (1:21 AM)

- Driving home from la. Some final mix tweaks. Mmmhmmmm...

- May 1st... Really??? Dear April, where did you go? We hardley knew you... I felt like we were just getting started.

--------------

The Switchfoot boys are being even more perfectionist than they probably ever have been. If they are tweaking and tweaking and tweaking this record, you know they'll eventually arrive at something that feels good. However, I am reminded of something Jon Foreman said in Switchfootage 2 where he talks about editing songs. I don't have the exact quote, but he said something to the effect that "If you edit too much, you can get sick of the song."

I believe the guys know enough what they're going for to know when editing gets overmuch. As great as all this fine tuning is though,I'm quite frankly ready for them to finish this record, send it off to the distributor, and ramp up marketing and put out a touring schedule for "Hello Hurricane." =)

That's my $.02.

No comments: